Thursday, July 28, 2016

Final Reflection on Technology

I loved my class on technology! I really liked playing with all the different formats of technology. Some I already was familiar with such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, QR codes, and Podbean, but I learned a lot of new ones as well. One of the ones I was excited to learn about was infographics. I have a friend who is a leader in infographics, so I was aware of them, but did not know there were programs available to help create them! He recommended Visme, which was not one of my options, so I went with Easel.ly and it was very easy to make one. I foresee myself using it this next year and in the future in my own library for sharing information. I also enjoyed using Animoto for creating videos, however I really liked Adobe Spark for making videos and think I would use that over Animoto. It just seemed more intuitive and easier to use.


I can see using the cartoons and comics regularly throughout the year for all kind of quick expressions of books and will be learning from my new Twitter contacts about all the cool things they do in their libraries that I will want to incorporate into mine one day. I also played with Canva, which is a simple graphic design software. It is super easy and has a lot of free graphics and photos.


I have enjoyed learning about all the different technology and look forward to learning much more as I journey into the future.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    Thank you for the additional recommendations of tools you've test driven outside of our course requirements. I will certainly give both Visme and Canva a try and add them to my bag of tech tricks! Thank you!

    May your successes in the field of library science be numerous! Take care.

    Warm regards,
    Johtell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,
    I thought creating Infographics was so difficult for the assignment, but then I created on for a project in another class and it was so easy! I didn’t even use the same app. Guess I just needed practice. I love creating them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer!
    I have enjoyed learning with you this semester. We have truly learned a lot about technology that we can utilize in our own libraries. I to can foresee some of the activities that I plan to use. Good luck in your endeavors this school year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's so much more to explore! I hope you keep looking for new things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed creating infographics too. I will have to try Visme. I think creating infographics will deepen the learning and thinking of students. I enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete